Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Rainbow after the Rain

Through a street with trees on the left and right side, a straight hair girl is walking in a deep silence. Her right hand is holding a blue polka-dot umbrella. From a terrace of a cafĂ©, a girl calls her name “ Hey An, wait, wait for me!” But she doesn’t hear her. She seems to be busy with her mind, thinking of something. A memory never leaves her mind. It’s planted deeply and seems to last forever. 
A month ago, when dark clouds were flying on the sky, Anna sat on a bench in a park. Her eyes looked at a green gate near to her. She seemed to wait someone. Then a boy passed the gate and came toward her. She looked at him and got up from the bench.
“You’re late dear,” said Anna.
“I’m sorry. Erick asked me to buy an Avatar DVD, so I went to DVD store first,” Andy explained.
“It’s ok dear,” she said with a smile.
Then they both sat on the bench. 
“Hmm…. Dear, I want to tell you something very important,” said Anna seriously.
“What is that, dear?” he asked curiously.
“Dear, we have been together for three months. Though it has been not a long time, you mean a lot to me. I need you, so do you. You told me that you wanted to marry me. You know, you are the one I want to share my life with. I don’t want to hide anything from you. And now I think it’s time to tell you a secret about my life,” said her. 
She took a deep breath and said “Dear…. I’m not a virgin girl. I was raped when I was five years old,” she said and her eyes burst into tears. 
“What! What are you talking about? Are you kidding?” said Andy unbelievably.
“No dear. I’m sorry…. I’m sorry to make you disappointed. I know it’s hard to accept,” said Anna in her crying.
Andy was just silent while Anna couldn’t stop crying. He didn’t even wipe her tears. He looked very disappointed.
“Now, it’s up to you to decide how our relationship will be. But you should know that I love you,” she said with her sobs.
After being silent for a moment, she said “I’ll give you time to think about it. Please come here at the same hour next week.”
She tried to be strong after seeing her boyfriend leaving without saying anything. She bowed her head and thought about him, their love and relationship. She began to cry again and her tears dropped onto a book which would be given for Andy’s birthday next week.
But it was the last time she met him. She has never seen him again. She has tried to call him thousand times, but he never picks them up. She realizes that he can’t accept that fact. She can do nothing. She can’t blame him. She knows that it’s hard for him to accept it. No man wants to have a raped wife.
***
On Sunday, she is walking alone on a dusty street. Her left hand is holding some books she just bought while her right hand always wipes her sweating face. It’s a very hot day. She decides to stop to buy an ice cream. In the ice cream stall, many people are standing in line. After waiting for ten minutes, it’s her turn to order. She buys a cone of blueberry ice cream. When she turns her body back, she is surprised. She sees Andy standing in the last queue. He’s with a girl, a beautiful girl. They look so close to each other. Anna sees him holding the girl’s hand. 

“She’s beautiful. He deserves to get such perfect girl,” she murmurs.
She leaves the place quickly. She doesn’t want him to see her. She doesn’t want to disturb his life. 
“There’s nothing left,” she says.
After arriving at home, she comes in her room immediately and lays on her bed, thinking about him. She can’t forget him. She can’t deny that she still loves him. She puts pillow on her face, crying silently. 
“I shouldn’t be like this. I have to be strong. He’s perfect, and he deserves to get a perfect one,” she says.
***
One year has passed away. A boy is now in her heart, making colorful her days after Andy’s leaving. He is someone who wipes her tears, someone who makes her laugh. He’s Gamal, her childhood friend. He loves her much, so does she.
On Saturday, Anna and Gamal go to a festival. There are many stands selling clothes, food, etc. Many people are attending, mostly are couple. Anna and Gamal walk holding hand through the festival then they stop in a stand.
“Oh dear, look at this! It’s a very beautiful bracelet,” says her, showing the purple bracelet.
“Do you want it, dear?” he asks.
“Yes, dear,” she replies.
“Give me your hand!” asks him.
Then he puts the bracelet on her hand. She smiles happily. Then they continue walking until Anna suddenly stops her step. Anna sees someone she knew, someone she loved, someone who has broken her heart, Andy. He’s with a girl, the same girl who she saw in the ice cream stall last year. They are sitting on a bench under a tree. Gamal knows what Anna is looking at. He holds her hand tight, smiles at her and says, “Let’s go, dear!”
As arriving Anna’s house, they sit on sofa in the living room. Anna’s face still looks so gloomy.
“Dear, are you okay? Wanna hug?” asks Gamal.
Anna is silent for a moment, then she asks, “Do you know why the reason why he left me?”
“Do you wanna know? Huh?” says her with higher voice. 
“I’m a raped girl. Got it? I’m a raped girl,” she shouts. 
She bursts into tears.
“Now, are you going to leave me? Huh?” she shouts again?
“Sstttt.....” says Gamal, calming her down.
He hugs her tight and rubs her hair gently.
“You talk too much, dear. I have known everything. Your mother has told me about this,” says him with a very sweet smile. Anna is surprised. 
“Last month, when I visited your house, your mother came toward me. She told much about you,” he explains.
“I was very shocked, of course. I was about to leave you,” he says and laughs.
“But the time we shared together proved that I need you. I love you sincerely, An,” continues
him with her serious face.

Anna hugs him very tight and cries on his chest. Suddenly her mother comes from the kitchen.
“Hey, hey, An, what are you doing? What’s happened? Why are you crying?”
“What did you do to my little baby?” asks her mother to Gamal.
“She asked for a balloon in the festival, but I didn’t buy it for her,” he replies and laughs out loud.

Anna looks and stucks her tongue out at him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment